Wednesday 25 January 2017

Getting Back to Basics


Hi 

For me January is the most depressing month of the year.

After the sparkling lights of Christmas and dark mornings

and mostly dark days it takes me a while to get back into the swing of things.


Today however, was a cold but lovely sunny day and for the first time this

year I managed to get started on something new.


 I have been in my studio creating some background layers with acrylic paint and my gelatin plate.






It's a WIP so not too impressive at the moment but I thought it would be interesting 

to share the process with you.

I love the leftover paint patterns you get from cleaning your roller off between prints.




These papers come in useful for future collage.

Thanks for stopping by.

XXX

3 comments:

  1. LOVELY! I have so much trouble with creating backgrounds....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice results - love the colours and textures.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete